When we play with dough we are learning the following:
- We are helping to develop and use our fine and gross motor skills
- We are developing our hand/eye co-ordination
- We are developing our creative skills and ideas
- We are beginning to use and understand mathematical language and concepts i.e. bigger, smaller, heavier, lighter etc.
- If we work in small groups we are developing our social interaction and will be encouraging language and learning how to share and co-operate with each other.
This activity covers many aspects of our Areas of Learning and Development.
When we sit at the drawing table and draw we are learning and encouraging the following:
- We are developing our fine motor skills and hand/eye co-ordination
- We are encouraging our creative development
- We are practising our early writing skills
- We begin to understand that we can make meaningful marks with out pencil and will eventually come to understand that in English we write from left to right and from top to bottom
- We are learning to sit and concentrate
So when we come home and you ask what we have done at pre-school we hope you will understand that we have been very busy learning through play and working towards our Areas of Learning and Development.